A brief overview of different payments, how commission is calculated, and how they're handled by Venue Managers and Hire Space.
The process is different for handled bookings and direct bookings. (Read what the difference between those are here)
For Handled Payments
- The venue receives a request for a quote from one of our team, you respond and the client decides to book with your venue
- We'll create a contract between Hire Space and the client. We'll ask you for any terms you'd like to be included on the client's side.
- The client will sign that contract with Hire Space, and the venue will sign a corresponding contract with Hire Space. The client does not contract directly to you.
- We invoice the client for the event and take the payment. We send this invoice a month before your payment terms are due (where possible) to allow time for them to pay.
- Hire Spaces pays the venue on their usual payment schedule, minus our 10% commission on the final spend (excl. VAT.)
For Direct Payments
Here's a quick overview of what goes on at important moments such as quotation requests and booking confirmations.
The venue receives an enquiry through our automated system from email@example.com
- The venue responds directly to that email and starts a conversation with the client that ends in them booking the venue
You'll receive an automated chaser from firstname.lastname@example.org before the event date to confirm if it went ahead or not, where we'll ask to see the contracted amount of the invoice
- After the event, you'll receive another automatic chaser from email@example.com asking to confirm the total final spend for the event and a copy of the invoice
- You'll receive an invoice for 10% commission on the final spend (excl. VAT) of the event from firstname.lastname@example.org
Our fee is calculated on the final booking revenue after an event takes place, including all items (but not limited to) venue hire, food and beverage, accommodation and AV charges. Our full booking commission policy can be found here.